RESOURCES / LIBRARY / Ship Air Emissions
- Psaraftis,H.N., Kontovas, C.A., (2008), "Ship Emissions Study" , National Technical University of Athens,report to Hellenic Chamber of Shipping, May
- Psaraftis, H.N., Kontovas, C.A., "CO2 Emissions Statistics for the World Commercial Fleet", WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs",Vol. 8 (2009), No.1, 1–25
- Psaraftis, H.N, "Green Maritime Logistics", Plenary presentation, International Symposium on Maritime Logistics and Supply Chain Systems, Singapore, 23-24 April, 2009.
- Psaraftis, H.N., Kontovas, C.A., "Ship Emissions : Logistics and Other Tradeoffs", International Marine Design Cοference, Trondheim, 2009.
- Psaraftis, H.N., Kontovas, C.A., Kakalis, N., “Cost-effectiveness of Speed Reduction as an Emissions Reduction Measure for Fast Ships”, 10th Int. Conference on Fast Sea Transportation, Athens, Greece, October 5 - 8, 2009
- Psaraftis, H.N., “Fast Waterbone Transport in the Emissions Reduction Era: In Search of Win-Win Policies ”, Keynote Speech,10th Int. Conference on Fast Sea Transportation, Athens, Greece, October 5 - 8, 2009
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N., "An Online Ship Emissions Calculator as a Decision-Making Aid and Policy Evaluation Tool", IMAM 2009, International Maritime Association of the Mediterranean, Istanbul, Turkey, October 12-15, 2009
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N., "An Open Online Calculator for Ship Air Emissions", Working Paper, National Technical University of Athens, September 2009
- Psaraftis, H.N., "Market Based Instruments for Ship Air Emissions", Naftika Chronika, June, 2009
- Gratsos, G.A., Psaraftis, H.N, Zachariadis, P., "LIFE CYCLE COST OF MAINTAINING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A SHIP’S STRUCTURE AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF SHIP DESIGN PARAMETERS: AN UPDATE",RINA Conference on the Design and Operation of Bulk Carriers, Athens, Greece, Oct. 26-27, 2009
- Psaraftis, H.N., Kontovas, C.A. (2010) "Balancing the Economic and Environmental Performance of Maritime Transportation”, Transportation Research Part D, 15 (2010), 458–462
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N., “Reduction of Emissions Along the Intermodal Container Chain”, 2010 Annual Conference of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), Lisbon, Portugal, July 2010
- Psaraftis, H.N., "Green Intermodal Logistics", keynote presentation, Conference of the Italian Operations Research Society (AIRO), Calabria, Italy, 7-10 Sept. 2010.
- Psaraftis, H.N., "Will any of the emissions reduction measures work?", presentation, Mare Forum Euromed Management conference, Marseille, France, 14 Sept. 2010.
- MEPC 61/INF.2 - REDUCTION OF GHG EMISSIONS FROM SHIPS, Full report of the work undertaken by the Expert Group on Feasibility Study and Impact Assessment of possible Market-based Measures
- MBM EG report: a dissenting view by H. N. Psaraftis
- Gratsos, G.A., Psaraftis, H.N, Zachariadis, P., LIFE-CYCLE CO2 EMISSIONS OF BULK CARRIERS: A COMPARATIVE STUDY" (including discussions),Trans RINA, Vol 152, Part A3, International Journal of Maritime Engineering, Jul-Sep 2010, pp. A 119-A 134. ©2010: The Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- Psaraftis, H.N.,‘‘Market Based Measures for Greenhouse Gases: The IMO Debate’’, Presentation to the Greek Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), December 16 th, 2010.
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N., "Carbon Dioxide Emissions Valuation and its Uses", The 3rd International Symposium on Ship Operations, Management & Economics, Athens, Greece 7-8 October, 2010
- GHG-WG 3/3 REVIEW OF PROPOSED MBMs - Grouping and evaluation of proposed MBMs
- Grouping and evaluation of proposed MBMs (GHG WG 3/3):the position of Greece - Presentation by H.N. Psaraftis, IMO GHG WG 3/3 March 30, 2011
- Psaraftis, H.N.,"Sustainable shipping: parallel tracks that cross" Keynote speech, MAREFORUM BLUE SHIPPING Summit 2011, June 6, 2011, Athens,Greece.
- Psaraftis, H.N.,"Slow Steaming vs. Speed Limits" Presentation, EC Stakeholder consultation - ECCP II Ships / GHG Meeting, 22-23 June, Brussels, Belgium.
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N., “The Link Between Economy and Environment in the Post-Crisis Era: Lessons Learned from Slow-Steaming", European Conference on Shipping, Chios, Greece, Intermodalism & Ports (ECONSHIP2011), June 22-24, 2011.
- Panagakos G.P. and H.N. Psaraftis (2011), "Key performance indicators for green corridors in European freight Transportation", European Conference on Shipping Intermodalism & Ports (ECONSHIP 2011), June 22-24, Chios, Greece.
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N. (2011), “Reduction of Emissions Along the Maritime Intermodal Container Chain”, Maritime Policy & Management, Volume 38, No. 4, pp 455-473, July 2011
- Panagakos G.P., Psaraftis H.N. (2011), “The effects of regulatory changes on green freight corridors”, IMAM 2011, XIV Congress of the International Maritime Association of the Mediterranean, Genoa, Italy, September 12-16, 2011.
- Kontovas, C.A., Psaraftis, H.N. (2011), “Climate Change Policy in Shipping Focusing on Emission Standards and Technology Measures", Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, Volume 10, Issue 10, pp.1589-1596, October 2011.
- P. Zachariadis P. (2011), "EEDI explained", Presentation at the Greek Section of SNAME, Athens, Dec. 15th, 2011.
- Psaraftis, H.N.,"The quest for greener shipping" , 5th International Forum on Shipping, Ports and Airports, IFSPA 2012,27-30 May 2012 . Hong Kong, China.
- Psaraftis, H.N., "The economic and environmental dimensions of slow-steaming", Conference on State-of-the-Art Environmental Ship Design and Operation, 2012 Posidonia Seminar rganized by the Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association, 6th June 2012, Athens, Greece.
Click here to test our Emissions Calculator (web tool) !
Laboratory for Maritime Transport
National Technical University of Athens
9, Iroon Polytechneiou str
157 73 Zografou , Greece
Tel: +30 210 772 1410 (Secretariat)